ACNE: TYPES, CAUSES & TREATMENTS
Urghhh! Acne is frustrating no matter what age it happens, but it can be particularly more embarrassing for adults.
Why do we still get it well beyond our teenage years & how can we get rid of them for good?
Yeah right? And more interestingly, there are several types of acne which some of you may know about or just heard about.
TYPES OF ACNE
1. PAPULE - Papules are small red or pink bumps that become inflamed. Papules have no visible center and the pores of it are not widened.
2. PUSTULE - Pustules are larger, tender bumps with a defined circular center filled with whitish or yellowish dots. The area around a pustule appears red or pink on light skin and a deep brown or black on darker skin.
3. WHITEHEAD - Whitehead will occur when the pores of the face are completely clogged and trap oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells. Whiteheads typically do not cause scarring.
4. BLACKHEAD - Blackheads are small, dark-colored spots that may appear as slightly raised bumps. The skin around a blackhead usually appears normal, while the center of the blackhead is darker than the surrounding area. Blackheads are simply whiteheads that have opened and widened. When the contents of a whitehead are exposed to air, they darken.
5. NODULE - Nodules are hard, inflamed lumps located deep within the skin. Like papules, nodules have no visible head. Nodules are a severe form of acne blemish and can cause skin complications such as dark spots or scarring. This type of acne lesion develops when clogged pores become infected, and swell beneath the skin’s surface.
CAUSES OF ACNE
1. STRESS - In our daily lives, we do not run away from feeling tired or depressed due to various factors. Among them are work problems, household matters, kids & more. Unconsciously, when it's hard to control emotions, often acne can easily grow. This is due to the fact that adrenalin and androgen hormones in our body are excessively excreted and become the cause of acne growth.
2. POPPING PIMPLES - The habit of popping your acne is actually not good especially when you do it with dirty fingers and nails. It will leave acne scars. It is advisable if you still want to squeeze acne, use a handkerchief or tissue on the finger.
3. USE UNSUITABLE SKIN CARE - The selection of facial care products that suit your skin type plays an important role in ensuring that acne does not easily appear on the face. Therefore, first get to know your skin type & choose skin care that contains vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and niacinamide.
HOW TO PREVENT * TREAT ACNE
- Drink enough empty water
- Rest & calm down
- Do not pop your acne
- Make sure hands are clean before touching your face
- Use good & suitable skin care range
For safer measures, stay consistent in performing a facial care routine with appropriate & natural products.
The Lorraine Skin Care range, for example, is formulated from natural ingredients rich in aloe vera, fruit extracts, vitamin C & E, niacinamide as well as hyaluronic acid.
Lorraine Skin Care consists of:
- Lorraine Cleansing Bar Soap
- Lorraine Hydrating Toner
- Lorraine BeauSkin Serum