WHAT CAUSES PIGMENTATION & HOW CAN I PREVENT THEM FROM SPREADING?
Having acne is normal for women since we are young girls. But, as we hit 30’s having pigmentation or dark patches of skin frequently appearing on the skin can make us freaking out!
How can I get them? Why me? How can I go out and meet people after this? Does it mean I am not pretty anymore? Oh! And the list goes on and on.
Hold up ladies! Relax & take a deep breath. Where there is a will there’s a way to get rid of those pesky marks!
WHAT IS PIGMENTATION?
To begin with, pigmentation is caused by skin cells from melanosis type that produce an excess of melanin pigment that is attached to skin cells and cause their color to become darker.
According to statistics, pigmentations are the most common skin problems faced by women in Asia. Nearly 50% of the consultations conducted by the skin specialist are related to pigmentation which also include melasma, freckles & lentigines.
There are many factors in the occurrence of this skin problem & this time, we would like to share the causes that many women don't know or already know but pretend to not know about it.
1. SUNLIGHT & HIGH HEAT
- Sun exposure is the number one cause of pigmentation as it’s sunlight that triggers the production of melanin in the first place. Melanin acts as your skin’s natural sunscreen by protecting you from harmful UV rays, which is why people tan in the sun. But excessive sun exposure can disrupt this process, leading to hyperpigmentation.
- What you can do is before leaving the house, be sure to wear a sunblock or sunscreen at least SPF30 or SPF50++ as a preventive measure.
2. DESCENDANT & AGE
- As we get older, the easier it is to pigmentation 'perch' on the face. Normally, pigmentation will start to appear little by little on the face in our 30’s but there are also women who get them in their late 20’s.
- At this time, what you can do is be diligent, disciplined & consistent with your daily facial care routine as well as practice a healthier lifestyle.
3. HORMONAL CHANGES
- Among the significant hormonal changes in women are when you get pregnant, give birth, breastfeeding, take contraceptive pills or other medications for a number of health factors.
- At this time, pigmentation can appear at any time. Sometimes, this problem can go away after the hormones return to balance but there are also cases where it becomes more largely spread throughout the face.
4. AIR POLLUTION & SMOKING
- Believe it or not, a plume of smoke & dust from industrial activities or cigarettes that contains various toxins and free radicals can cause pigmentation including wrinkles on the skin.
5. BASIC SKIN CARE ROUTINE
- The truth is, getting healthy, clean, beautiful & blemish free skin doesn't necessarily require high expenses . What is more Important is to be diligent & consistent to the basic skin care routine every day until you see the results.
- Practice basic facial skin care at least 2 times a day that consisting of:
⦿ Face wash
⦿ Refreshing the face with toner
⦿ Moisturize your face using serum or moisturizer
OVERCOME PIGMENTATION WITH A COMPLETE SET OF LORRAINE SKIN CARE
Lorraine Cleansing Bar Soap
- Niacinamide content in it helps to cleanse the face, reduce wrinkles, increase moisture and stimulate skin recovery.
- Niacinamide can help in fading dark spots including acne scars & pigmentation. Niacinamide acts to block the formation of melanin & stimulating collagen production.
Lorraine Hydrating Toner
- By using this toner, it cleans the skin from the inside by getting rid of dead skin cells and dirt that is left after washing the face and helps provide freshness and moisture to the skin.
Lorraine BeauSkin Serum
- Lorraine BeauSkin Serum formulation is produced from 100% natural ingredients including aloe vera & hyaluronic acid (HA), plays an important role in helping reduce inhibition as well as other skin problems.
- The HA in it will also increase skin hydration & make the skin look fresh & supple.
- HA contained in it can also help stimulate collagen production so that the skin becomes naturally healthier and slows down the aging process.